Alex and Courtney's wedding was the first of my three October weddings back in Ohio, and it had the beautiful backdrop of Lake Lyndsay located near Cincinnati. With the opportunity I've had to see so much of the United States, I have to say that the Autumn colors in the Midwest are something special and sentimental for me. Lake Lyndsay displayed the beginnings of the seasonal color change well.
Alex and Courtney are a sweet, kind couple whose engagement session was one of the last things I did before setting off across the country on my move to McMinnville, Oregon in the Portland area. You can read a bit of their engagement story on the blog post from their session, all I'll mention again is that I love their adventuresome spirits.
Alex and Courtney's wedding day had absolutely perfect weather and made their evening ceremony warm with the setting sun. The ceremony was followed by golden-hour sunset portraits—what every photographer dreams of—and an amazing reception inside the lodge. The reception was fun and classy with live music by an AMAZING band, Blue Water Kings Band. They had quite a variety in their set, but I'm a sucker for live jazz, and theirs made just made me melt. I couldn't mention the reception without adding that the bridesmaids had a surprise for Courtney. They sang her a song and the Maid-of-Honor, Courtney's identical twin sister, showed her skills on the electric guitar. All-in-all, it was a fun, beautiful day celebrating a wonderful couple.
Congratulations, Alex and Courtney! May the years ahead of you be absolutely amazing!
A big shout out to the vendors who made Alex & Courtney's day possible!
- Courtney's Dress: Jeannines Bridal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Wendys Bridal Cincinnati
- Tuxes: The Black Tux
- Ring: Wieland Jewlers, Greenville Ohio
- Hair Stylist/Salon: Tasha Livingston at Studio One, Greenville, Ohio
- Flowers: Sherwood Florist
- Venue: Lake Lyndsay
- Officiant: Judge Margaret Quinn
- Food: Vonderhaar’s Catering
- Cake: Spoon Fulla Sugar, Cincinnati
- Alcohol: Bourbon Street Bartending
- Linens: L & H Party Rental
- Band: Blue Water Kings Band
- Lodging: Courtyard Marriott Union Center
- Transportation: Savannah Nite Limousine Cincinnati